Classic Cars

Daimler wire-wheel car (1889)

In 1889 at the World Exposition in Paris, Gottlieb Daimler had installed thirty electric light bulbs around his stand, powered by current generated from his “illumination car”, a mobile mini power station equipped with Daimler engine and electricity generator. The light from his bulbs highlighted one exhibit in particular that had yet to achieve its breakthrough – the four-wheeled wire-wheel car.

Continue Reading