Chevrolet will present the Malibu Turbo Performance Concept at the 2012 SEMA. With its new 2.0L turbocharged engine producing 20 pounds of boost – to generate 259 horsepower – the 2013 Malibu Turbo can sprint from 0 to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds and reach a top speed of 155 mph. That makes it the fastest Malibu ever from Chevrolet.
Designers and engineers gave the Malibu Turbo Performance Concept an aggressive edge, with a blend of high-performance and upscale appointments inside and out, wrapping them in Berlin Blue Tricoat exterior paint and a Jet Black/Navy Blue interior. It’s only a vision of where the Malibu Turbo production model could go, but those designers and engineers will be listening to the reaction it elicits in Vegas.
The concept’s unique elements include:
- Ground effects package, including front splitter, rockers and rear diffuser, accented in Heroic Blue
- Custom lower grille and fog lamp grilles
- Black ice-tinted chrome accents
- Blaze Red-painted fog lamp bezels and inner exhaust bezels
- Black-painted mesh grille inserts, fog lamp grilles, window surround moldings and wheel center caps
- Clear tail lamp lenses
- Unique “Turbo” badges
- New 20×8.5-inch aluminum wheels in Night Rider chrome
- Pirelli PZero 255/35ZR20 tires
- RECARO sport seats trimmed in Jet Black leather and Navy Blue suede, with red accent stitching
- Jet Black leather and Navy Blue suede-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel, door panels and instrument panel
- Navy Blue suede-wrapped shift boot
- Dark Argent and black chrome trim plates.
Complementing the turbocharged powertrain is a Chevrolet Performance concept HiPer Strut front suspension and rear springs, concept six-piston front brake calipers used with two-piece cross-drilled rotors and a concept cold-air intake system to help the force-inducted engine draw cooler, denser air, which can help it make more power.